Monday, May 18, 2009

Domonica


Many things have changed in my life over the past year and a half. My biggest personal accomplishment has to be the completion of my first year at the College of Saint Rose. I'm still living with the Lightcaps and consider them to be my family. Even beyond being my family, they are my Mom and Dad, which to me is huge because I have never called anyone by those names before in my life. God has always done amazing things in my life, even when I was naive and would blind myself to His gracious ways. I have come to realize that I am not perfect, I do mess up, but with His help I have become a better person, a happy person, and I see myself living more for Him everyday.


Before moving into the Lightcaps with my daughter Zanaiya, who just turned 4, I had been going through a lot of personal, and spiritual hardship. One of my main problems was letting go of control of my life and letting God lead me. When you're put into a world and given hard circumstances without much guidance, it's hard to believe, or feel that there is another person bigger and greater than yourself that has a plan for your life. I was unaware that God's plans for me were greater than any plan I would have thought up on my own.


This summer I have the amazing opportunity to work with YFC's City Life Program, mentoring middle and high school students. many of the students face the same difficulties in life as I did. I plan on becoming their friend for the summer and helping them to see that in God they will have a friend forever. I would love for someonme else to realize that they don't have to go through this life alone, and hopefully they will gain a better understanding of what it is to have a relationship with the Lord.


In order to cover my expenses at YFC, I need to raise $5,000. One June 6, I will be participating in YFC's annual Step-by-Step walk. Please would you consider making a donation to my walk? Thank you for helping me make a difference in someone's life just as the people at YFC have made a difference in my life.


Domonica

No comments: